Monday, January 30, 2006

Attention Harperphobic bloggers!


This is an invitation (aka humble begging) to all Canadian bloggers who are less than thrilled with our new and illustrious leader. Dave and I made a pledge to hold the Conservatives' feet to the fire should they fail to live up to their campaign promises. So I'm thinking I should cave into my anal-retentive need to organize and detail everything. I would like to make a fairly extensive listing of all the promises made by the Conservatives during the recent campaign. Campaign promises only! - this is what they based their win upon. I need as many items as possible. I will keep track of these promises and update on a regular basis as to whether or not they:

a) kept the promise as stated in the campaign
b) kept the promise during the timeline they specified, if specified
c) have done something they explicitly said they would not do (ie: re-open the debate on abortion
d) anything else you can think of.

If any of you have any issue that is near and dear to your heart, tell me what it is and if possible link to a reliable news source to back up the Conservatives' stated policy on that issue. Don't worry if you don't have time to link, I'll find a link for you.

So, whaddya think? A worthwhile venture? Willing to participate? Free chocolate chip cookies for all participants.

No comments: