Monday, July 30, 2007

How much jail time? The anti-choicers fumble.


One great question. And no answer.

Two excellent must read posts. Birth Pangs has the mini-documentary, which demonstrates the absolute paralysis the anti-choicers encounter when faced with the question. And Woman at Mile 0 has one of the connected dots.

If abortion were made illegal, what should the punishment be for a woman who secures one? And before the anti-choice crowd goes off on a half-cocked tangent suggesting that only the abortion provider should be punished, that's not the question.

Update: Regrettably, the video-doc to which Fern Hill at Birth Pangs linked has been removed from You Tube by the user, without explanation. I suspect there was a "release" problem, but that is pure speculation.

So, you'll have to take the word of Anna Quindlen, who describes it and the contents. Having seen it, I can tell you she is being completely truthful.

STOP THE PRESSES!! Cheryl just found a version of the video HERE. You'll need Real Player to view it after downloading it. I will try to get it to embed here later on... if I can figure it out... if I have time... I'll try.

No comments: