Wednesday, February 25, 2009

RCMP testimony

There's a scene in Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown that I can barely watch. You don't see any blood or gore laced with black comedy as with much of QT's stuff. Instead there's just this utterly sobering banal sociopathic violence.



So when I read RCMP Cpl. Robinson's and Cst. Rundel's testimony (see Dr. Dawg and Alison for links and analysis) at the Braidwood inquiry into Robert Dziekanski, my mind went right to this scene.

I haven't got words enough for how fundamentally rotten the RCMP appear now. I want to vomit.

Sure, there might be good cops out there humiliated by this whole insane mess, as blogger Chimera
states in comments over at Dawg's, but we don't see them. We just get a bunch of chiefs closing ranks around some lethal plastic and wire contraption, and the handful of sociopaths who use them. If there are these "good cops", if there remains any honour and integrity left in the red or blue serge, I'd say this is one of those times where their's is a moral duty to stand-to and speak out. Because right now, all the voices of the police in Canada sound like psychotic fiction.

No comments: